Many of us have thin, unimpressive eyelashes. It’s just the way it is. And no matter how much mascara we paste them with, they still aren’t thick and long. What are you going to do? Fake eyelashes certainly aren’t a solution.
But you could grow your own long, lush lashes with Latisse®. Latisse® is the only clinically proven method of actually growing longer, thicker, darker eyelashes, and we have it at Diamond Medical Spa & Vein.
What is Latisse®?
Latisse® is an eyelash growth system, the first of its kind. Latisse® is a prescription treatment that Dr. Yates can make available for our patients. Latisse® is applied to the upper lashes once daily to stimulate the lashes to grow naturally, giving you the thick, long lashes you’ve always wanted.
How does Latisse® work?
A with many things such as Sticky Notes, Latisse® was discovered when scientists were researching something else. Scientists were working on an eyedrop to relieve intraocular pressure in the eye. Subjects in the test found that their eyelashes grew during the study, so the company (Allergan, the maker of Botox) began testing the active ingredient, bimatoprost, specifically for growing eyelashes. It proved effective, and the FDA approved it in December 2008. It is believed that the bimatoprost increases the anagen phase (that’s the growth phase) of the eyelashes.
Latisse® isn’t an overnight sensation; you have to be diligent about its application. The active ingredient, bimatoprost, is the key. When you apply Latisse nightly on the upper lash, just like you do with eyeliner, the bimatoprost in Latisse stimulates the lashes to grow. The treatment works gradually, and your eyelashes will experience real growth over time, generally 12 to 16 weeks. But you must stay with it — once you start the treatment, the topical solution must be applied continuously each night until you achieve the desired results.
- Latisse®is the first and only eyelash growing system that is approved by the FDA.
- Latisse®requires one application per day taking only a minute or so.
- Latisse®improves the appearance of eyelashes through the extension of the hair growth cycle that results in longer, thicker, fuller eyelashes.
- Patients see improvement after four weeks of continuous treatment, with full results coming within 16 weeks.
- After discontinuing use, your lashes will gradually return to their pre-treatment appearance.
- Most patients see a 25% increase in lash length.
- Most patients experience a106% increase in lash thickness/fullness.
- Most patients see an18% increase in lash darkness.
Do you want eyelashes to bat an eye over? Call Dr. Yates at 563-275-4701 and ask about Latisse.